Photo: Marco Del Grande
- 2 red capsicums
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 medium-sized brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 6 large prawns, peeled and cooked
Roast capsicums on a barbecue or open flame to blacken skin. Place in bowl and cover with cling film. When cool, peel and discard skin and seeds.
Roughly chop. Heat olive oil and add onion and garlic, season and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, paprika, wine or vinegar and sugar then simmer until thick, about 30 minutes.
Stir through capsicum and almonds. Toss prawns in sauce to serve warm or cold.
- Cuisine - Spanish
- Course - Side Dish