These chorizo quesadillas make a festive (and quick) family dinner. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 500g (2 large) potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 175g (1 large) chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, picked
- 4 large soft tortillas
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fresh tomato salsa to serve
Peel potatoes and cut into one-centimetre cubes.
Heat oil in pan and fry potatoes for 10 minutes until soft. Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften onion.
Add chopped chorizo and cook for five minutes. Add oregano and stir through.
Put some of the mixture onto half a tortilla. Sprinkle over a little of each cheese and fold tortilla in half. Brush with a little oil and, in a heavy-based non-stick pan over high heat, cook for a few minutes until golden and crisp.
Flip over and cook the other side.
Remove from pan and repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.
- Main Ingredients - Pork, Potato
- Cuisine - Mexican
- Course - Main-course, Lunch, Dinner, Finger-food
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals, Cocktail Party, Father's Day