Quick chicken stir-fry with sugar snap peas and capsicum
With the ingredients prepared, the chicken and vegies can be cooked in the time it takes to boil the rice.
Photo: Natalie Boog
Have your say
- 2 cups short-grain rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (or to taste)
- 3 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Lime cheeks, for serving
Combine rice with 4 cups of water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Stir well and simmer, covered, over low heat for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok over high heat, add curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes or until almost cooked through. Add capsicum and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, add chilli, coconut milk and peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add basil and coriander leaves. Serve with lime cheeks and rice.