Photo: Vanessa Levis
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 1½ cups celeriac, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 1½ cups pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 3 cups double-smoked ham, cut into 1cm dice
- 1½ cups frozen or fresh peas
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and chopped
- 8 small yellow squash, each cut into 8 wedges
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp tarragon leaves rustic baguette and good-quality butter, to serve
Place oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion and garlic for 6-7 minutes or until both are very tender but not coloured.
Add artichoke, celeriac, pumpkin and ham and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Add stock and bring to the boil, then turn heat down to a gentle simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are almost soft.
Add peas, asparagus and squash and cook until tender. Season to taste and garnish with tarragon.
Serve with rustic baguette and butter.
- Main Ingredients - Pumpkin