Photo: Quentin Jones
- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 150g fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-5 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees.
Cut out a 23cm to 24cm round from the pastry sheet using a dinner plate as a guide.
Place on a paper-lined baking tray and top with the cheese, leaving a one centimetre border around the edge.
Brush border with beaten egg. Arrange sliced tomatoes in overlapping layers on pastry, leaving the border free. Scatter with the pine nuts and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked.
Scatter with oregano leaves, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Tomato
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Picnic