Healthy me: quick pickle of balsamic mushrooms with trevisio and parmagianno. Photo: Marina Oliphant
350g button or swiss brown mushrooms, sliced into 4
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
½ clove garlic, grated
80ml extra-virgin olive oil
2 pinches chilli flakes
1 fresh red chilli, sliced, with seeds in
2 radicchio (or longer-leaf treviso version), washed, dried and separated into individual leaves
100g parmesan, shaved
1 handful basil leaves
1. Toss the mushrooms with vinegars, salt, pepper, garlic, oil, chilli flakes and fresh chilli and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
2. Lay the treviso or radicchio leaves on a platter. Scatter with parmesan shavings and basil leaves.
3. Top with the mushrooms and spoon the remaining dressing over.
4. Drizzle with a little more oil if necessary and allow to stand dressed for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to blend together.
- Main Ingredients - Mushroom
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Side Dish, Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Midweek dinner