Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1.5kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 150g bacon, diced or cut into lardons
- 10 French shallots, peeled
- a few thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml white wine
- crusty bread, to serve
- green salad, to serve
Preheat oven to 220 degrees fan-forced (240 degrees conventional).
Arrange chicken pieces in a large roasting tin and scatter with bacon, shallots, thyme, rosemary and chilli flakes.
Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
Add wine to tin and roast for another 20-25 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Main-course