Raspberry, coconut and lime jelly
This jelly is summer-berry-inspired. Feel free to spike with gin, vodka or some sparkling wine.
Have your say
- 2 cups (500ml) tinned coconut milk
- 1 sachet (10g) Davis unflavoured gelatine or 2 tsp agar agar flakes
- 3 tbsp sweetener (maple syrup, honey or palm sugar)
- 2 drops of lemon or lime oil
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 punnet raspberries, washed
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
Warm the coconut milk over low heat in a small saucepan.
If using gelatine, whisk in, stir and simmer for 2 minutes as it dissolves. If using agar agar, whisk for 3-5 minutes while simmering to dissolve.
Take the saucepan off the heat, add the sweetener of your choice. Allow to cool slightly, then add the lemon or lime oil and the lime zest.
Fold through the whole raspberries (or puree half of them to add some colour to the texture) and then spoon into glasses.
Chill. Serve topped with strands of desiccated coconut.
Makes 2 cups (or 4 shot glasses).