- 1 cup short-grain brown rice (organic or biodynamic)
- 1 cup adzuki beans
- 2 1/2 cups water
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup spring onions, sliced finely
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-inch piece of ginger, finely grated and squeezed for its juice
Rinse the rice and beans thoroughly and place into a pressure cooker.
Top with the water, a sprinkling of salt and close the lid firmly.
Place the pressure cooker on the stove on high heat and bring up to full pressure. Once there sit the pot on to a flame deflector, lower the flame to low and cook for about 45 minutes.
When ready, switch off the gas and allow the pressure to release naturally.
Remove the lid and gently ladle the rice and beans into a serving bowl. Top with spring onions, sesame
seeds and a splash of ginger juice and serve with either steaming Asian greens or a sweet and sour
- Cuisine - Japanese
- Course - Main-course