Photo: Paul Cutter
- 100ml water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/4 tablespoons gelatine
- 400ml freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches or 1 mango, sliced
- 250g reduced fat thick natural or vanilla yoghurt
- Berry sauce
- 250g fresh strawberries
- 2 fresh-pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make jelly by combining water, honey and gelatine in a small pot and stirring over a low heat, without boiling, until gelatine dissolves. Pour and stir through freshly squeezed orange juice then place in the fridge until set.
Make the berry sauce by combining strawberries, dates and vanilla in a high-speed blender and blending until smooth. To assemble the trifles, layer the sliced strawberries and mango with the yoghurt, berry sauce and jelly. Allow trifles to chill in the fridge before serving and enjoy.
Nutrition per serve: protein, 6.3 grams; carbs, 27.4 grams; total fat, 1.3 grams (saturated, 0.7 grams); fibre, 4 grams; kilojoules, 629. Gluten free, low GI, protein-rich.
- Main Ingredients - Yoghurt, Mango
- Course - Dessert