Rice pudding with honey and lemon
A simple, homely pud made with milk, honey and lemon that nevertheless tastes remarkably rich and creamy.
Photo: Eddie Jim
Have your say
- 150g arborio rice
- pinch of salt
- 750ml milk
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp honey, or more to taste
- To serve
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (done with zester, in long strips)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
· Combine the rice, salt, milk, zest and vanilla in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly to prevent the rice sticking.
· Reduce the heat to very low and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is plump and tender, but still slightly runny.
· Add the honey, stirring well.
· Spoon into four small bowls or ramekins, drizzle with remaining honey and top with strips of lemon zest. Serve with a lemon wedge for squeezing.