Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 400g orecchiette (or any small pasta)
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- sea salt and black pepper
- 150g ricotta
- large handful fresh basil leaves, torn
Cook pasta in a large pan of lightly salted water according to packet instructions until al dente. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan over low heat and fry garlic and chilli until fragrant.
Add tomatoes and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat
Drain pasta, toss with sauce and place in a large serving dish. Sprinkle with chunks of ricotta and basil leaves. Serve immediately.
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Lunch
- Occasion - Family meals