- 200g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 125ml (1/2 cup) skim milk
- 75g (1/2 cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 420g tinned corn kernels, drained
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- olive or canola oil spray
- 100g low-fat ricotta cheese, extra
- spicy tomato chutne, to serve
1. Combine the ricotta, egg, egg white and milk in a bowl and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour, corn kernels, spring onion and chives. Season well with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Spray a non-stick frying pan with the oil. Add heaped tablespoons of the mixture to the pan, four at a time, and flatten to about 1.5cm thick. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Drain on paper towels.
3. Serve the fritters in a stack and top with a tablespoon of ricotta cheese and a tablespoon of spicy tomato chutney.
- Main Ingredients - Corn, Cheese
- Course - Snacks
- Occasion - Midweek dinner