Roast celeriac with red capsicum and herbs
Not pretty looking veg, but this root vegetable comes into its own in the winter time. Celeriac has a similar taste to celery and parsley but a milder flavour.
Photo: Quentin Jones
Have your say
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into 3-4cm pieces
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 baby fennel bulb, finely shaved
- 120g Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Pre-heat oven to 220C. Combine celeriac and two tablespoons of olive oil in an ovenproof dish, toss gently to coat and roast for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Add capsicum and garlic, turn to coat with oil and roast for a further 20-25 minutes until celeriac is tender and browned on the edges. Remove to a bowl and add fennel, olives, herbs, balsamic vinegar and remaining oil. Toss to combine and serve with grilled lamb cutlets or roast lamb.