Photo: Marco Del Grande
- 8 good-sized, ripe roma tomatoes
- 2-3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans (cannellini, baby lima or similar)
- 16 slices of baguette, thick cut
Preheat oven to 170C.
Wash tomatoes and dry. Cut each in half lengthwise and place on an oven tray cut side up.
Remove leaves from oregano stems and distribute on top of tomato halves. Put two or three slices of garlic on each half-tomato and sprinkle two tablespoons of the olive oil among the lot. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until soft but not falling apart. Remove from the oven when done and cool on the kitchen bench.
Prepare crostini by brushing with two tablespoons of olive oil, on both sides of each, and grilling lightly. Dress beans with remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Assemble crostini by putting a tomato half on top of each crostini and pressing it lightly to flatten. Place some beans on top and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Beans, Tomato
- Cuisine - Italian
- Occasion - Cocktail Party, Dinner Party