Here is another simple recipe using the season's best produce. Just choose six vegetables, prepare and roast them, some separately, in olive oil at a temperature of 180C.
Photo: Marco Del Grande
Have your say
- Olive oil
- 10 kipfler potatoes, peeled and boiled to just cooked
- 12 baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- Thyme sprigs
- 4 baby fennel, each bulb cut into four lengthways (save the tops for the baked mulloway recipe, below)
- 8 baby turnips, washed and trimmed
- 4 sweet corn cobs, each cut into four pieces
Heat oven to 180C
As the vegetables have different cooking times, some need to be put in the oven separately. The sweetcorn takes about 10 minutes to cook; carrots (cooked with thyme sprigs), turnips and boiled potatoes take about 15 minutes and the fennel will cook in 15 to 20 minutes. When they're cooked, mix them together in a bowl, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper and serve.