Photo: William Meppen
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and cut into 5mm rounds
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 large green olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 4 x 200g fillets blue-eye trevalla
- 1/2 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs, toasted
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place a little olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat.
Add the leeks, season with salt and cook gently for 20 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes, then add the olives, capers and parsley and toss through.
Drizzle with a little more olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon and season with pepper.
Set aside and keep warm (it can also be reheated when the fish is ready to be served).
Place the fish in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Roast in the oven for about 12 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
Place a spoonful of the leek mixture in the middle of each plate, and top with a fish fillet and a squeeze of lemon.
Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
Season with salt and pepper.