Crispy potato skins with garlicky cheese dip. Photo: Edwina Pickles
5 medium-large potatoes, scrubbed
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
100g soft goat's cheese or feta, crumbled
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped chives
1. Heat the oven to 200C.
2. Coat the potatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil and prick all over with a fork. Bake on the oven rack for 1 hour until tender inside and crisp outside.
3. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise into quarters and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 5-millimetre layer of flesh next to the skin. Brush lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil and scatter with sea salt and pepper.
4. Bake on the oven rack at 200C for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisped and brown.
5. Whisk or whiz the goat's cheese, yoghurt, garlic, vinegar and chives with sea salt, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and serve alongside.
- Main Ingredients - Potato
- Course - Snacks