- 2½ teaspoons paprika
- 2½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/⅓ cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) lemon juice
- 1.5 kg (3 lb 5 oz) chicken drumsticks
Spinach, orange and mint salad
- 1 orange
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 200 g (7 oz) baby spinach leaves or rocket leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 25 g (1 oz) sliced raw almonds
1. Put the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, oil and lemon juice in a glass or ceramic container and whisk to combine. Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels. Add to the spice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Place the chicken, in a single layer, and any remaining marinade in a large roasting pan or ovenproof dish (you might need to use two roasting pans, depending on the size). Roast for 35 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the spinach, orange and mint salad. Use a small sharp knife to remove the skin and pith from the orange. Segment the orange and then slice each segment into 3 pieces. Combine the oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt.
4. When the chicken is cooked, put the spinach, orange, mint and almonds in a bowl. Drizzle over the dressing, gently toss and serve with the chicken.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Dinner, Lunch, Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals, Midweek dinner, Dinner Party