Rose and strawberry jelly and Turkish delight Bavarois
A sweet delight - Rose and strawberry jelly with Turkish delight bavarois layers, topped with a candied rose petal.
Have your say
- 300ml pouring cream
- 100ml buttermilk
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2.5 gelatine leaves, softened in cold
- water as required
- 120g rose scented Turkish delight, chopped
- Jelly and garnish
- 500g strawberries
- Castor sugar (to taste)
- 6 gelatine leaves, softened in cold water as required
- Rose water
- 200g of extra strawberries, cut into wedges
- 50g pistachio nuts, toasted and crushed
- 50g dried rose petals, crumbled
- 50g rose scented Turkish delight, chopped
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Double cream
- Candied organic rose petals
To make the bavarois
· Combine half the cream and all of the buttermilk in a pan with the split vanilla bean and sugar, heat until just before boiling point and the sugar has dissolved.
Remove the vanilla bean and add the softened gelatine leaves to mixture.
· Whisk the remaining cream to soft peaks, fold through the chopped Turkish delight and buttermilk mixture.
To make jelly
· Soften the strawberries in a sealed double boiler and simmer very gently for 30 minutes, drain the juices through a sieve and reserve. Add water to cover the berries again and simmer for another 15 minutes, sieve and drain the remaining juices into the first and sweeten to taste with sugar. Add water and a tiny splash of rose water to make up to 600ml in total, add the softened gelatine, cool slightly.
To make garnish
Mix the chopped Turkish delight, pistachios and dried rose petals with the icing sugar.
Build layers into a cocktail or parfait glass; one quarter, jelly with extra strawberry wedges, and set, then a quarter bavarois and set. Repeat the process, finishing with bavarois about 1cm from the top. Chill.
· Top with the Turkish delight mix, a small quenelle of cream and the candied rose petal.
· Make candied rose petals by dipping them individually into whisked eggwhites and then castor sugar, dry on a rack, until set.