A fuss-free Christmas dessert. Photo: Marina Oliphant
300g of castor sugar
2 tsp of rosewater
300g of frozen raspberries
Juice of half a lemon
10 small glasses, they will need to hold a raspberry and about 50ml of liquid
1 punnet of raspberries, choose berries darker in colour, they have a more intense flavour
bamboo cocktail forks
rose petals for garnish
Australian sparkling wine or prosecco
1. In a medium saucepan add the sugar and water and bring to the simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and add rosewater (you can adjust quantity to taste). Allow to cool to room temperature.
2. In a food processor, add frozen raspberries and cooled rose syrup and blitz until smooth. Add lemon juice and pulse. Strain through a fine sieve, pushing through all the syrup using a ladle or the back of a spoon.
3. Place a raspberry into each glass and distribute liquid evenly, secure a cocktail fork into the raspberry and freeze for six hours or overnight.
4. Run each glass quickly under hot water until the popsicle comes free. Place in a champagne saucer or wine glass with a fresh raspberry and a rose petal and pour sparkling wine over.
- Main Ingredients - Berries, Lemon
- Occasion - Christmas, Cocktail Party, Dinner Party