Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 500g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 100g castor sugar or unrefined brown sugar
- 1 tsp rose water (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Good pinch of saffron strands
- 2 or 3 ripe figs, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- Serves 4
Place yoghurt in a strainer lined with dampened muslin set over bowl and allow to drain for six hours or overnight in the fridge.
Drain off the whey and transfer the yoghurt to a bowl. Scatter with the sugar and leave for 10 minutes to dissolve, then add the rose water, cardamom and saffron strands and whisk thoroughly.
Divide between serving bowls and chill for an hour or more until lightly set, allowing the saffron to dissolve in the yoghurt into bright orange streaks. To serve, arrange the fig wedges on top, scatter with pistachios and drizzle with the honey.
- Main Ingredients - Yoghurt, Nuts
- Course - Dessert