- 250g dried egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon flavourless oil
- 500g minced pork
- 1 red onion, roughly diced
- 1-2 long red chillies (to taste, increase number for more heat), finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Ayam brand satay paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- juice from 1 lime (plus extra lime wedges to serve)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- fresh coriander leaves, torn, to serve
Cook the egg noodles in boiling water according to the packet directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat a wok on high heat, add the oil and the pork. Cook for about 5-7 minutes then add the diced onions. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes to soften the onion.
Add the chilli, satay paste, fish sauce, ketjap manis, coconut milk and peanuts. Bring to the boil and cook for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add the noodles to the wok along with the lime juice and sesame oil.
Serve in bowls with fresh torn coriander and some extra lime wedges.
Kristy is a mother of three who loves feeding her family wholesome, nutritious and above all delicious food. She has her own food blog called The Life She Made where she posts family style recipes and talks about life as a stay at home mother.
- Occasion - Family meals