- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) large scallops
- 2 tablespoons salted, fermented black beans, rinsed and mashed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 spring onions (scallions), cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) lengths
1. Slice the small, hard white muscle off the side of each scallop and pull off any membrane. Rinse the scallops and drain. Pull off the roes if you prefer.
2. Place the black beans, garlic, ginger, sugar, soy and oyster sauces in a bowl and mix together.
3. Heat a wok over high heat, add the oil and heat until very hot. Stir-fry the scallops and roes for 2 minutes, or until the scallops are cooked through and opaque. Just before the scallops are cooked, add the spring onion. Transfer the mixture to a sieve to drain.
4. Reheat the wok over medium heat. Stir-fry the black bean mixture for 1-2 minutes, or until aromatic. Return the scallops and spring onion to the wok and toss together to combine.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish
- Cuisine - Chinese
- Course - Side Dish
- Occasion - Family meals