- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 small handful mint
- 1 very small handful flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 bird's eye chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/⅓ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large handful baby English spinach
- 4 tuna steaks, 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
1. To make the dressing, put the orange zest, rosemary, mint, parsley and chilli in a small processor fitted with the metal blade. Whizz for 30–40 seconds, or until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the orange juice, vinegar and oils and whizz for 20 seconds.
2. Put the chickpeas, onion and spinach in a bowl, add 2 teaspoons of the dressing and toss to combine.
3. Brush the tuna steaks with the olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Preheat the barbecue plate or chargrill to high. Add the tuna and cook until done to your liking.
4. Serve the tuna on a bed of chickpea salad, drizzled with the remaining dressing.
- Main Ingredients - Chickpeas, Fish
- Course - Dinner, Lunch, Main-course
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals, Dinner Party