- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 spring onions (scallions), cut into short lengths
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent scorching. To make the marinade, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, honey, ginger and sesame oil. Thread the chicken and spring onion alternately onto the skewers and put in a non-metallic dish. Add the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Drain the skewers, reserving the marinade. Place the skewers on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill plate or flat plate and baste with the remaining marinade. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals