Smoked chicken and sourdough salad
Hot smoked salmon, smoked duck breast or smoked mussels work equally well in this fresh salad. Add some dill if you are using seafood.
Photo: Quentin Jones
Have your say
- 1 large slice sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- 1 smoked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, washed
- 1 eschallot, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp good quality red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180C. Tear sourdough into pieces, drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden and crunchy, about 10 minutes. Toss with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.