- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 1?2 teaspoon salt
- 170g smoked mushrooms, sliced
- 500ml good-quality chicken or vegetable stock (low or no salt)
- 1?4 cup sherry (I used Amontillado, a medium-dry sherry)
- 1?4 cup crème fraiche
- freshly ground black pepper
- 25g butter
- 100g mixed mushrooms (I used Mushroom King exotic mushroom medley)
- 3 tablespoons marjoram or oregano leaves
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flat mushrooms and salt and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the smoked mushrooms and the stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Using a stick bender, blend to a purée (or do this in a blender then return to the pan). Heat to a low simmer then stir in the sherry and crème fraiche and season with pepper to taste.
Heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté the mixed mushrooms and marjoram or oregano for 1 minute.
NOTE: If you want to make more of a meal for four people, add 1?2 cup cream and a little water then serve it with crusty bread. If smoked mushrooms are not available you can replace them with 250g extra flat mushrooms and replace the salt with smoked salt to
get the smoky flavour.
You can also find hundreds of recipes from Cuisine, the World's Best Food Magazine, on www.cuisine.co.nz
- Cuisine - Spanish