Photo: Marco del Grande
- One thin baguette (French stick)
- Sour cream or creme fraiche
- Smoked salmon
- Salmon roe*
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Sea salt
- *Salmon roe is sold at many fishmongers.
Slice baguette into 5mm-thick slices. Place them on a tray and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and season. Toast in a moderate oven for 5 minutes or until crisp and the edges have begun to turn golden. Remove and allow to cool. Cut into rounds. (These toasts can be used for a variety of other canapes and store well in an airtight container.)
Spread each toast with a little sour cream or creme fraiche. Cut slices of smoked salmon in half and twist around your finger to fit neatly on top of toast and achieve some height. Place a small dollop of sour cream on top and garnish with salmon roe. Season with white pepper and sea salt.
- Main Ingredients - Fish, Bread
- Course - Finger-food
- Occasion - Cocktail Party, Dinner Party