Smoked salmon, orange and radish salad
This recipe is adapted from Thomas Keller's 'Bouchon'.
Have your say
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Salt and pepper
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 cups tender centre of curly endive lettuce (or your favourite lettuce)
- 40 tarragon leaves
- 40 flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 40 chervil leaves
- 1 heaped tsp minced chives
- 2-4 radishes, sliced to get 24 rounds
- 12 slices smoked salmon
Simmer juice until reduced to 3 tbsp.
Make vinaigrette by whisking together reduced juice, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
Cut off top and bottom of oranges.
Stand orange and cut away peel and pith in wide strips.
Cut between the membranes to release segments.
Squeeze juice from membranes over segments.
Place endive in a bowl with herbs, lightly dress with vinaigrette, add radish slices, season and toss.
Arrange three salmon slices in centre of four plates and drizzle with a little olive oil and orange juice.
Mound salad in centre and arrange orange segments around.