Photo: Natalie Boog
- 2 smoked trout (about 800g)
- 300g trimmed snowpeas
- three small lebanese cucumbers
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 peeled, seeded and thinly sliced avocado
- salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 peeled and quartered hard-boiled eggs
Remove skin and bones from 2 smoked trout (about 800g) and flake flesh into medium-sized pieces.
Blanch 300g trimmed snowpeas in boiling lightly salted water for 30 seconds, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well and spread on paper towel to dry.
Thinly slice three small lebanese cucumbers lengthways and place in a large bowl with one finely sliced stick of celery. Add leaves from 2 baby cos lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces.
Add trout and snowpeas to cucumbers and 1 peeled, seeded and thinly sliced avocado.
Season with salt flakes and cracked black pepper and toss gently with 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise.
Divide salad among 4 serving plates and top with 4 peeled and quartered hard-boiled eggs.
Scatter with 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves and serve with lime cheeks.
- Cuisine - French