Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 240g buckwheat soba noodles
- 16 small green prawns
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup wakame seaweed
- 1 avocado a small handful coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger, rinsed and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy (I prefer Japanese soy - its more delicate)
Cook the noodles in boiling salted water until just soft, then rinse under cold water until cool. Drain.
Cook the prawns in boiling salted water until cooked. Rinse until cold then peel, de-vein and remove the head and tail.
Toast the sesame seeds in a moderate oven until lightly golden.
Soak the seaweed in cold water until soft, drain and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Peel and slice the avocado.
Make a dressing by combining the pickled ginger, mirin, vinegar and soy.
Gently combine everything and serve sprinkled with a little extra sesame seeds and more of the dressing.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish, Noodles
- Cuisine - Japanese