Sure to fill little (or big) tummies. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, basil)
- Ground pepper to season
- Spray oil
- 1 soft long roll (e.g. panini)
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or good-quality ham on the bone
- 2 cos lettuce leaves
Break eggs into a medium bowl, add milk and lightly beat with a fork. Add herbs and season with pepper.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, spray with cooking oil and pour egg mixture into pan. Allow mixture to cook for about three minutes until set, then remove from pan on to a plate and refrigerate until cold.
Slice roll lengthwise, almost all the way through, keeping one edge attached.
Fold omelet in half and put in the roll, add a couple of slices of prosciutto and lettuce.
- Main Ingredients - Pork, Bread, Eggs
- Course - Lunch, Lunchbox, Light lunch
- Occasion - Picnic