- 500 g (1 lb) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes or powder
- 2 × 425 g (14 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons black olives
- freshly grated parmesan, for serving
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the garlic, parsley and chilli flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, over medium heat.
3. Add the crushed tomato to the pan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the capers, anchovies and olives and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper. Toss gently with the pasta until the sauce is evenly distributed. Serve with Parmesan.
- Main Ingredients - Tomato
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Midweek dinner