Italian delight: Spaghetti with blue swimmer crab and prawns. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 2 blue swimmer or sand crabs (or 400g picked crab meat)
- 350g spaghetti
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 16 small-medium green prawns, shelled
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 red chilli chopped
- Salt and peppe
Cook the crabs in plenty of salted, boiling water for 8 minutes then place in a sink of cold water. Pick the meat from the body and legs and discard the shell.
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil for the spaghetti. Have everything else chopped and ready to go.
Cook the spaghetti in the boiling, salted water. Heat a wide frying pan and add the olive oil, then the prawns, garlic, parsley and chilli.
Stir until the garlic is lightly golden and the prawns are almost cooked. Season with salt and pepper and add the crab meat. Cook, stirring, for a couple of minutes.
When the prawns are cooked, add the drained pasta and a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Toss, check for seasoning and serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish, Pasta
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals, Midweek dinner