- 400g spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 100g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 600g raw king prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- 2 tbsp each flat-leaf parsley and tarragon, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
Cook spaghetti. Drain. Boil peas for 4 minutes, add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over low heat.
Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add raw king prawns and cook for 3 minutes or until prawns change colour. Add champagne or sparkling wine and pouring cream and cook for 2 minutes. Add peas and snow peas to heat.
Toss pasta with prawns, flat-leaf parsley and tarragon, season to taste.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course