Spaghetti with prawns, anchovy and capers
Prawns are posh fast food. Sweet and succulent, they need little preparation and are ready in minutes.
Photo: Marina Oliphant
Have your say
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 chilli, deseeded and sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml white wine
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- 50ml chicken stock or water
- 500g good-quality dried spaghetti, cooked in salted boiling water
- 16 prawns uncooked, but peeled
- 50g rocket leaves
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
Cook garlic and chilli gently in olive oil until softened, deglaze the pan with white wine. Add anchovies, capers and stock, reduce, and when syrupy add prawns. A minute later, add the cooked pasta and rocket leaves, serve immediately.
Divide pasta between four bowls.