- 30g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 litre good vegetable stock
- 1 cup (a good handful) mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- ½ cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
Heat butter in a large pot and saute onion, zest and spices for 2-3 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
Add carrots and stock and simmer until carrots are tender, 20-30 minutes. Blend soup until smooth and season to taste.
Combine shredded mint, sugar and cider vinegar in a small bowl.
Stir in boiling water.
Serve soup in small bowls topped with a dollop of yoghurt and the mint mixture.
This recipe is featured in the book, Vegetarian which is available now in all good bookstores RRP $34.95. To order direct call 1300 656 059 or visit www.smh.com.au/store
- Main Ingredients - Carrot