- 6 ripe peaches
- 1 lime plus 1 tablespoon lime juice, extra
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 4 duck breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander lime wedges
1. Dip the peaches into a saucepan of boiling water for 5 seconds then plunge them into iced water. Remove the skins, which should slip off easily. Cut each peach in half, remove the stone, then cut each half into eight wedges. Peel the lime, removing all the pith, and separate the lime sections by carefully cutting each piece away from the membrane. Toss the peach slices with the lime segments, extra lime juice, olive oil, chilli and mint, and season with a little pepper.
2. Trim the duck breasts of fat and sinew, and sprinkle each breast with the ground coriander.
3. Preheat a barbecue flat plate to medium direct heat and cook the duck on the flat plate for 4 minutes or until the skin is golden, then turn it and cook for another 4 minutes. Turn the breasts over again and cook them for 1 minute longer to make the skin crispy, then leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
4. Slice each breast into four pieces on the diagonal and serve them with the peach salad and lime wedges.
- Main Ingredients - Duck
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Dinner Party