Photo: Edwina Pickles
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- canola oil, for deep-frying
- 4 barramundi cutlets (about 200g each)
- lemon cheeks, to serve
- Herb Salad
- 2 tbsp drained capers, chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, plus segments from 1 lemon, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 tsp finely chopped preserved lemon rind (optional)
Combine the cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and flour in a large plastic bag and mix well.
Heat the oil to 180C in a large saucepan or deep-fryer.
Place the cutlets in the plastic bag and shake gently to coat. Remove and shake off any excess. Fry the cutlets in the hot oil for 5-8 minutes or until just cooked.
Serve topped with the herb salad and lemon cheeks. For the salad, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Main Ingredients - Fish
- Cuisine - African
- Course - Lunch
- Occasion - Family meals