Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground chilli
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- olive or vegetable oil for frying
- 1-2 lemons, to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, extra
Cook the onion in the olive oil until soft and golden brown.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and, with clean hands, mix well until combined and roll into small balls.
Heat a large frying pan with enough olive oil to cover the bottom and fry the meatballs until brown all over and cooked through. Sprinkle with a little salt and drain on kitchen paper.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of chopped coriander.
- Main Ingredients - Lamb