Spicy prawn laksa. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 4 tbsp good-quality laksa paste
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g white fish fillet, cut in chunks
- 6 green prawns, shelled and deveined
- 200g fresh Asian noodles
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Handful fresh coriander to garnish
Heat laksa paste in a medium-size saucepan for a few minutes to release the aroma.
Add coconut milk and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add fish and prawns.
Gently poach for about five minutes, until cooked.
Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Allow to stand for two minutes to heat through, then drain.
Place drained noodles in large serving bowls, pour over laksa and garnish with cucumber, bean sprouts, fried shallots, spring onion and coriander.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish
- Cuisine - Thai
- Course - Lunch, Dinner
- Occasion - Midweek dinner