Spicy tofu soup. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 litre vegetable stock (can be beef or chicken stock)
- 2 tbsp Korean bean curd paste
- 1 tbsp chilli bean paste
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 200g enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 200g silken tofu, cut into squares
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
Note: Korean bean curd paste and chilli bean paste are sold at Asian grocery stores.
Bring stock, bean curd paste and chilli paste to the boil in a saucepan.
Add mushrooms and simmer for two minutes.
Place tofu and spring onions in soup bowls, spoon over soup and serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Tofu/Beancurd
- Cuisine - Korean
- Course - Starter/Entree