Photo: Quentin Jones
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 400g arborio rice
- 125ml white wine
- 1.5 litres hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 700g green king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch spinach, roots and stems removed
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- WAYS WITH SPINACH Toss cooked lentils with crumbled goat's cheese, sliced mushrooms and wilted spinach. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve with grilled fish. Stir chopped potato, garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat until onion is soft, then cover with stock, add parsley and simmer until potato is tender. Add a bunch of spinach and when wilted blend the mixture in a food processor. Return the soup to a saucepan and stir in ground cumin, sea salt and cracked black pepper. Reheat and serve with a swirl of cream on top. Spread a pizza base with tomato sauce and drizzle with olive oil. Top with sliced mozzarella. Cook chopped garlic and pine nuts in a little olive oil until nuts are golden, then add spinach leaves and cook until wilted. Spread spinach mix over the cheese, dot with small black olives and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Bake in a very hot oven until cooked.
Melt half the butter in a large saucepan and add onion. Stir over low heat for three to four minutes until soft. Add rice and stir until coated with butter. Add white wine and stir until liquid is absorbed. Gradually add hot stock, ladle by ladle, stirring after each addition until stock is absorbed. When rice is almost cooked, add prawns and continue cooking, stirring and adding remaining stock until rice is al dente. Stir in spinach leaves, season with sea salt and pepper and stir in remaining butter and parmesan. Serve topped with lemon zest.
- Main Ingredients - Fish, Shellfish, Spinach/Silverbeet
- Course - Main-course