Photo: MARINA OLIPHANT
- 1kg fresh broad beans
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 24 green prawns, peeled, with tails on
- 1 orange, segmented, juice reserved
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented, juice reserved
- 1 tangelo, segmented, juice reserved
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
Remove broad beans from their outer shells. Bring a pot of water to the boil, add beans and cook for a couple of minutes until soft. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Peel off outer pods and set aside.
Trim asparagus and cut into three-centimetre lengths. Use the same pot of boiling water to cook these for a minute or two until just tender. Drain, then place in a bowl with the beans, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Heat a grill or non-stick pan, add oil and quickly cook prawns on both sides. Add to the bowl with beans and asparagus. Add citrus segments and a little reserved juice.
Check seasoning and adjust if necessary. Add rocket leaves and toss gently. Pile on to plates and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Fish, Shellfish