It is important to slice the lime leaves and lemongrass as finely as possible. Use a very sharp knife and take your time.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 200g squid, cleaned, scored and cut into 2cm strips
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 small spanish onion, finely sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- 200g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small carrot, peeled into thin strips
Cook the squid in boiling, salted water until just cooked through - about one or two minutes depending on the thickness. Drain and reserve. Mix together lime juice, fish sauce and sugar to make the dressing. Toss remaining ingredients in a bowl with the squid. Dress and serve.