Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 250g pumpkin, 1cm dice
- 120g sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 100g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, picked and chopped
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 4 chicken marylands, deboned*
- *Ask your butcher
Preheat oven to 180C. Roast pumpkin until golden and soft, about 10 minutes. Pull bread into chunks and toast in the oven until golden and crunchy. Process into rough breadcrumbs. Melt butter in a saucepan and gently cook onion, garlic and rosemary until soft, about 10 minutes. Season and stir through pumpkin and breadcrumbs. Place chicken legs, skin side down on four large pieces of lightly greased foil. Divide stuffing evenly between the legs. Bring foil ends together at top and roll package tightly to bring chicken together, twist ends of foil to secure. Steam for 20 minutes, allow to rest for 5 minutes before unwrapping and slicing into four.
Serve with green beans.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Main-course