Dumplings with black rice vinegar. Photo: Edwina Pickles
150ml black rice vinegar
tsp chilli oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
20 square wonton wrappers
1 tbsp julienned spring onion and red chilli
200g minced pork
250g raw prawn meat
3 water chestnuts, finely minced
2 spring onions, finely minced
1 egg, beaten
tsp sesame oil
Salt and pepper
1 tsp sugar
1. Bring the black rice vinegar, chilli oil, soy and sugar to the boil, stirring, and simmer until reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl, mixing well with your hands until smooth. Refrigerate for one hour.
3. Spread four wonton wrappers on a clean cloth. Place a teaspoon of filling in the centre of each and brush the edges with a finger dipped in water. Fold over to form a triangle, pressing to seal the edges. Make remaining dumplings, in batches.
4. Cook the wontons in a pot of simmering water or stock for three minutes or until cooked. Drain well. Scatter with julienned spring onion and chilli and servewith the black rice vinegar reduction.
- Main Ingredients - Pork, Shellfish
- Cuisine - Chinese
- Course - Dinner