More please: A very grown-up sticky toffee pudding. Photo: Lisa Maree Williams
150g castor sugar
150ml Pedro Ximenez sherry (available from leading liquor stores for about $20)
150ml olive oil
1 tbsp grated orange zest
180g plain flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
icing sugar for dusting
For the syrup
100g muscatels or raisins
150ml Pedro Ximenez
1. Heat the oven to 180C. To make the syrup, boil the Pedro Ximenez for two minutes until syrupy, add the muscatels or raisins and set aside to cool.
2. To bake the cake, lightly oil a 20-centimetre diameter cake tin. Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until pale - about five minutes. Add the Pedro Ximenez, olive oil and orange zest, mixing well. Sift the flour and baking powder into a second bowl, and gradually pour in the cake batter, whisking by hand until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for at least 20 minutes.
4. Dust the cake with icing sugar and top with the muscatels or raisins. Drizzle with the syrup and serve with cream, ice-cream or yoghurt.
- Main Ingredients - Eggs, Orange
- Cuisine - Spanish
- Course - Dessert
- Occasion - Dinner Party, New Years, Picnic, Valentine's Day