Photo: Natalie Boog
- 400g fresh rice noodles
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 bunch bok choy (stems only, reserve leaves)
- 1 bunch gai larn (stems only, reserve leaves)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp fried shallots
Place fresh rice noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, stir to separate noodles, then drain. Heat a wok over high heat. Add cashews and toss until golden. Remove.
Add vegetable oil, cloves garlic (finely chopped), fresh ginger (grated), bok choy and gai larn (Chinese broccoli) to wok and stir-fry until stems are tender.
Add bok choy and gai larn leaves, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir-fry until leaves start to wilt.
Stir in noodles and cashews and toss. Sprinkle with shallots (available from Asian food stores) and serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Asian greens
- Cuisine - Thai